Christmastime Sewing

My wall hanging was begun at the beginning of the Covid time. I ran out of perl cotton. I absolutely could not order any online. So the quilting around the tree edges was completed with 3 different kinds of threads. I guess it marks what year I made this wall hanging with an easy way to remember the time, right?

The fabrics are mostly 2019 Walmart prints. A few others, but I wanted to make something quickly and cheaply. That whole Covid thing threw a monkey wrench into my plan. It drew out the work time on this by several months of waiting and hoping for stores to restock.
These wonky Christmas trees were all the rage last year. Maybe they are still popular this year? Simple and easy to sew, and very happy.

I’m also trying to sew flag bunting for all the holidays. I love these. When they start to look a little worn out, I rotate them to outside the house where they begin their life anew and make outside a little happier.

That red gingham is Walmart and Pioneer Woman. Did you know Pioneer Woman has a few fabrics out? The gingham is perfect. I may have to buy a little bit more so I’m ready for Valentine sewing….

Happy Christmas birdies, too. Love those! I don’t remember the name of the fabric line–I may have bought a fat quarter, which did not have the selvedge edge. Little moose were also last year’s Walmart fabric. This year my local store isn’t stocking holiday fabrics–I don’t know if that’s nationwide or not. No Thanksgiving or Halloween fabric, which was a disappointment.

Oh, and do you see the jingle bells sewn between each point? I was mixing things up, instead of using my usual button embellishments.

Are you ready for Christmas? ???

1-day-projects: apron

I made this apron for a friend who’s getting married. It’s a fairly quick project, but since it fits kind of snug it needs to be measured for the recipient. I measured me, because she’s about the same size (okay, she’s a little thinner! After her first baby, I bet it will fit perfectly!).
aprony

It’s made of two pieces, plus the straps. The bib is 18″ by 9″, the bottom is 20″ by 25″. Baste the top of the bib down to 10″, and the bottom of the bib to 15″ , then sew to apron bottom, the top of which has been basted down to 15″. Finish all the edges, sew on the straps. You can see I used an edge binding all around, instead of a rolled hem. I don’t know if it’s easier, but it’s a little prettier.