I’ve noticed these wreaths for several years now, but hadn’t sat down to figure out how to make one. Luckily for me, there’s plenty of tutorials on YouTube now demonstrating in under seven minutes. Perfect!
So it’s my first attempt, and you can see gravity plays a part in how it all settles a little bit. There’s only pipe cleaners holding everything down to the wire wreath form, so yeah, gravity. I do need to tuck away a couple of those pipe cleaners, I see….
I learned that you’d better buy supplies for these when you see them (thank you Dollar Tree!) because they quickly are snapped up by other shoppers and no, not restocked.
Dollar Tree did not have the flowers this year, but Walmart did. I was very happy to see the black leaves, because otherwise I would have had to buy twice as many flower sticks.
I’ve started on a Christmas version, so let’s hope my skills improve quickly! 😀
I needed to make a thank-you for a friend. Her family are football oriented, so I thought a banner was in order. Hang it on the porch, over the couch, or let a son hang it in his college room. I think pennant flags add a pop of color just about anywhere. Bonus: Super simple to make!
While I had the sewing machine out, I used up some of the extra fabric making little-girl hair ornaments. Three of these took as long to make as the pennant. Crazy, right? These are good to wear to school on game day. 🙂 Our local schools happen to share the Razorback colors.
Did I get any painting done? Mmm, a little bit. I will share soon
I’m still on a little bee kick. There are so many different kinds of bees–I don’t think I’ve painted the same kind twice. I especially like the fuzzy ones, but of course honey bees are special,, too. I don’t think I’ve painted a honey bee yet, though. I painted from a photo shared by Sue Tilleray. Available in my Etsy shop.
There’s such a positive vibe that comes from mama-and-me art. I usually move them right to the top of my must-paint list. 12″x12″ oil on stretched canvas. Available here. I painted from a photo shared by Roger Doomhammer. SOLD, Thank you!
More back-to-school sewing. A new tote bag, in pretty romantic florals. Let’s see, I used Tanya Whelan for the big roses, Lecien Flower/Sugar for the bright red roses with polka dots, and the border fabric is Walmart. The handles are also Tanya Whelan.
To create the semi-sturdy structure, I used Pelton foam interfacing. I wish I would have used two layers to make it even sturdier, but I only bought enough for one try. This is the first time I have used it.
It looks like a complicated bag, but it is really a simple construction–two sides, with boxed corners on the bottom. I pinched the foam core and sewed close to the edge from the bottom corners straight up, to create the box sides. I pinched along the bottom edge, too, to give the bag a stable base.
I meant to give it ties to close the top, but didn’t have the ironing board out and frankly, forgot. It closes with a button and hair tie, instead. 😉