More back-to-school sewing. A new tote bag, in pretty romantic florals. Let’s see, I used Tanya Whelan for the big roses, Lecien Flower/Sugar for the bright red roses with polka dots, and the border fabric is Walmart. The handles are also Tanya Whelan.
To create the semi-sturdy structure, I used Pelton foam interfacing. I wish I would have used two layers to make it even sturdier, but I only bought enough for one try. This is the first time I have used it.
It looks like a complicated bag, but it is really a simple construction–two sides, with boxed corners on the bottom. I pinched the foam core and sewed close to the edge from the bottom corners straight up, to create the box sides. I pinched along the bottom edge, too, to give the bag a stable base.
I meant to give it ties to close the top, but didn’t have the ironing board out and frankly, forgot. It closes with a button and hair tie, instead. 😉