February is almost over and I am waaayy behind on my yearly sewing. This is it so far.
This covered journal is to be my “house diary.” Where I put the paint chips from the hardware store and make notes of where the paint was purchased, and when the walls were painted. Or makes notes about which plumber I called when, for what–so I don’t call that company with the name almost identical to the other company, but one charges three-times as much as the other. I don’t want to call the wrong one by mistake again!
I used my Tilda fabric. These are from the “Cottage Rose” and “Harvest” collections.
I used one of the sketch books with really big spiral binding, so when I add my photos and paint cards the pages won’t become too over-stuffed.
A pretty vintage button and a hair tie keeps the whole thing closed.
I think this is a great idea to keep all the changes made on the house easy to refer to–and then when you move, then next people can keep it and know when you did what. And if they need to buy just a little touch-up paint, they know exactly what to buy.
And then remember I was making a tulip wall hanging from my Tilda fabric? It’s still not finished. But I used my tester pattern as this mug rug. It was too pretty to just discard.
You can see from the way the whole pattern seems to start sliding off to the left, that I really need to buy a walking foot for my sewing machine. The tension from the feed dogs is greater than the foot up top, so the top fabric starts being pushed. It becomes worse with the more lines of quilting made. I read a blogger who said, “Don’t flip the fabric and stitch back in the opposite the direction, as this will create waves,” but that might work when you have a walking foot, but if you DON’T, then the above is what happens. So I started flipping the sewing direction on each row, which is why the top of the tulip is more successful than the bottom half.
If you like the Tilda fabric, you can buy it in the US at http://www.intrepidthread.com.
I’m excited for spring, so my mug rug can double as a doily. Can’t wait for all the flowers!
The below photos are of the curtains I made. They don’t photograph well because of the light, but here’s a couple snaps to show the fabric. It’s “Poetry” by Moda.
I gave the pieced area an extra layer of white fabric on the reverse side, to help make them less see-through.
So that’s my slow sewing for this year. I hope you are being more productive than me!