All the Romance Quilted Throw

I made two lap quilts using these fabrics. I was so happy with the first, I did it all again–differently.

Florals large and small. Romantic colors in warm, muted shades. A touch of blue and gray–but not too much.


I went to my stash of vintage embroidered linens, and pulled out a few to cut up and use as embellishment. You can see a sweep of linen doily there below.

(Don’t tell the other fabrics, but that bright red rose is one of my favorites–from the Lecien Flower/Sugar line. I’ve never been able to find that pattern again, either.



In the low light, it still looks so prettily shabby chic.


More doily edging below. I matched it with solid squares to add interest and texture.


The reverse side is made from four different fabrics. I didn’t have enough of the blue, so added neutrals which would not compete visually.


Here it is in bright sunlight. Lighting for these things is always a challenge–getting the colors to reproduce right, and not have too much shadow going on.


The size is 56-inches by 48-inches. It is all cotton, and a summer-weight throw. Pretty over the back of your couch, or a chair. It’s in my etsy shop now. 🙂

baby quilt in forest colors


I had in mind a “walk through the woods” when I pulled the scrap fabrics to use for this baby quilt. Colors to remind one of nature, with a few florals and little animals to play I-Spy with.


I hand-quilted the layers in a diamond-pattern, as you can see above.

My intent was to be gender-neutral, because nature is for everyone.


Don’t you love the backing fabric? It’s called “Echinacea Glow” and it comes in many different color-ways. One of them is heavy on the blue/purple and just POPs, but I had in mind this sort of natural colors so chose the olive background version. I’ll probably go back and buy the purple, too, but I don’t know what I’d use it for–it’s loveliness makes it hard to pass up. 🙂


I have listed my baby quilt in my etsy shop. The dimensions are 35″x39″, with all new fabrics, unwashed. Very lightweight, perfect for spreading on the floor for diaper changing or traveling. The more you wash it, the softer and crinklier it will become.

Thank you for looking. 🙂

a table runner with little birds

I bought the bird fabric with no project in mind–I just thought they were so sweet, and that the right project would eventually come along. The fabric’s name is “All a Twitter” although I don’t remember the manufacturer. The name is such a natural, it was hard to forget. 🙂


Then I was cutting up fabric, just to have it ready to go for future projects. The little bits were left-overs from 5″ squares. I cut these into 2″x5″ pieces and set them aside, thinking they’d be good for something. I’ve got a pile about 6-inches high, so there’s plenty for projects. I did not cut up the bird fabric, thinking it would be good as a larger piece for something….

Cutting up fabric and having it ready to go paid off. It is so easy to find exactly what I want (or close enough) and I don’t have to fool around with looking through fabric piles, and cutting each piece. It’s all ready to go and makes the project quick and satisfying!


I had just the right little pieces to accent the colors present in the birds.

Lovely for fall, or late summer.



The dimensions are 41″ by 13″, with a layer of cotton batting between two fabric layers.

It’s for sale in my etsy shop. 🙂

sewing with Tilda fabrics

I’ve found my sewing mojo, and have been inspired by new fabric purchases.

Tilda’s collection “Bon Voyage,” released earlier this spring, features bunnies. It’s been at least five years since she’s used rabbits in a collection, so of course I had to stock up!

I love the bunnies, but was a little less enthused by the medallion prints. They left me sort of “meh,” you know? That’s all on me, of course, and I’m sure lots of other people are excited by the patterns.


Now that I have so many different Tilda fabrics to work with, it was time to make a quilt!

Flying geese allowed the pieces to be large enough to let the fabric patterns take center stage. Each block is 9″ by 4-1/2″.


I think I used Tilda collections, Apple Butter, Harvest, and Bon Voyage. I know there’s a fourth one there, but I don’t recall the name. There’s little birds, and of course the bunnies.



The reverse is a fabric named Fable, I don’t recall the manufacturer, which features bunnies and squirrels. I love the color, an ethereal sky blue. Of course I love being able to showcase so many bunnies in one quilt! I purchased the fabric from Lark Cottons in Portland, she has a very responsive shop and is quick to ship.


Tah-dah! I finally purchased labels for my sewing! I waffled over the name I should use, and decided since I’ve been using mybunnies3 for my painting shop name for 20 years, I’d keep it up for my sewing, too.


The finished size of the quilt is 51″x57″ before its first washing. A good size for a lap quilt, or to throw over the back of your couch. The cotton batting is summer weight. I’ve listed it in my etsy shop.

Perfect for a picnic blanket, or just to make any place a little bit more lovely.